Wednesday 27 July 2011

Fed up of Floral

I really must be a miserable person. Summer is barely halfway through and already I am desperate to get back into autumn/winter wear. I can honstly say that I loath summer fashion. Everywhere I look there is floral print and, I have to say, I am getting quite bored. It doesn't take a genius to predict that florals will be a big hit in summer, but honestly, can we please move onto something new. Admittedly I was pleasently supprised to see that some highstreet stores did have some tribal inspired clothing (thank god, I have been after tribal prints since last summer) but alas there are very few to pick from.

This summer I was hoping the highstreet stores would be packed with prints inspired by exotic lands, culture and history, but it seemed only a certain few got the memo about the 'traveler trend'. I did notice a a few stores cought on and I did get to perchase a cute aztec style printed crop top from Topshop, infact I almost bought an aztec print skirt as well...but it my funds had been wiped out. I have seen a cheaper one in Newlook though, so I have a feeling I may own an aztec print skirt in the near future...

So is it just me that feels this way? Maybe I am just going crazy from all the sun (or lack of in England!) Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Personally I prefer the autumn/winter trends to the summer as well. I feel most shops go a little tacky in the summer with bright colours and what not but that might be just me because I like to wear more Autumn colours.
    I'm not keen on some floral patterns they can some times look tacky if they are too in your face but I have found some items over the past month or so which have been floral but I've loved (skirt just recently and a dress a few weeks ago). I guess highstreet stores just follow each other and not many are going to go against the grain and risk losing money sadly.

    ReplyDelete